Adelphi Real World (ARW)
Randomized control trials (RCTs) are the established way for evaluation of the safety and efficacy of pharmaceuticals. Such studies are highly controlled and are typically conducted with a very specific population. There is growing recognition of the need to supplement RCT data with observational/ non-interventional studies, exploring the management of specific disease in the “real world”. I.e. the treatment of various conditions under routine clinical practice rather than the controlled clinical trial environment, and the associated outcomes for patients and their caregivers.
Adelphi Real World is a global consultancy in healthcare and have conduced real world studies for over 20 years. The Bespoke team at Adelphi Real World conduct primary data collection studies (medical chart reviews, surveys with physicians, patients, and caregivers, and prospective outcomes studies), secondary data studies (analysis of existing datasets such as EMR and claims data) and provide clients with consultancy on the design of real world studies.
Typical studies focus on generating real world evidence in terms of treatment patterns, patient and caregiver reported outcomes (PROs) and unmet needs, healthcare resource use (HCRU) and comparative effectiveness. The real world evidence generated from our research is used to inform clinical development decisions, strategic marketing and assist in demonstrating product value for clients from the pharmaceutical industry.
To join the Bespoke team in managing global non-interventional studies across a range of therapy areas to meet clients’ needs. You will work collaboratively with an enthusiastic and cohesive team, supporting various research projects from study design through to reporting and publication.
This is a director level role and would suit someone who already has research experience, preferably working on either primary or secondary data collection studies and who is looking for a new role. However, this is a niche area so consideration will be given to people with transferable skills, and adequate support/ training would be provided. This may include, academic research experience in a related discipline, market research experience for clients from the pharmaceutical industry, experience of working on clinical trials, or a related role within a pharmaceutical company, for example, within real world evidence, HEOR or medical affairs. The Bespoke team is growing rapidly and there is therefore a great opportunity to be involved with further shaping and development of this team.
A major aspect of the role involves supporting the junior team across a range of real-world evidence projects from design through to publication.
Your initial responsibilities will include:
- Study design
- Working with clients to understand their evidence needs and assist with identifying appropriate research solutions
- Supporting the junior team to develop study protocols and data collection materials
- Implementation and management of the research process
- Key client contact throughout the lifespan of the study with support from project managers
- Project leadership through all stages in conjunction with other team members
- Working with a range of different teams including external agencies, physicians and other hospital staff, internal functions including programming, operations, compliance and statistics
- Analysis and reporting of results
- Supporting junior staff and liaising with the statistics team to ensure completion of data analysis.
- Supporting completion of the final research report and the presentation of the study data, ensuring accuracy and unbiased presentation of study results
- Authorship of publications – activities including abstracts, posters and manuscripts
- New business development / Proposal writing
- Responsible for leading responses and the writing of proposals
- Developing on-going relationships with client companies
- Developing other team members
- Through on the job coaching and line management of junior team members
- Leadership qualities.
- A drive to shape the future structure and success of the Bespoke team.
- Experience with, or knowledge of real world evidence and/ or observational studies (preferred)
- Strong interpersonal skills and a willingness to work collaboratively on projects as part of a wider team.
- Highly motivated with a proactive approach to work and strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- A high level of numeracy, analytical, and interpretive skills.
- Commercial awareness with knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry
There is a clear career path within ARW which provides on the job training and the Adelphi training programme. Assessment systems are in place to provide monitoring and a platform for the candidate to develop.
ARW believe in rewarding high performance – so our benefits include competitive salary, pension, performance related rewards, a generous holiday allowance, private health insurance and on-site gym membership, together with support for further qualifications, in a friendly and informal office environment.
The position is based at our head office in Bollington – a stunning location just outside Manchester and on the edge of the Peak District.
For more information on Adelphi Real World then take a look at our brochure by selecting the link below:
To apply for this job email your details to James.Howson@adelphigroup.com