Website Adelphi Real World
Randomized control trials (RCTs) are the established way of evaluating the safety and efficacy of pharmaceuticals. Such studies are highly controlled and typically conducted with a small and very specific population. There is a growing recognition for the need to supplement RCT data with observational/ non-interventional studies, exploring the management of specific diseases in the “real world”, i.e. the treatment of various conditions in routine clinical practice rather than controlled clinical trial environment, and the associated outcomes for patients and their caregivers.
Adelphi Real World is a global consultancy in healthcare conducting real-world studies for over 20 years. Typical studies focus on generating real-world evidence (RWE) in terms of treatment patterns, patient and caregiver reported outcomes (PROs) and unmet needs, healthcare resource use (HCRU) and comparative effectiveness, reporting both patients’ and physicians’ perspectives. The RWE generated from our research is used to inform clinical development decisions and strategic marketing, and assist in demonstrating product value for clients from the pharmaceutical industry. Increasingly, ARW and our clients communicate findings of RWE through posters and presentations at international therapy area conferences and congresses, and via manuscripts published in various scientific journals.
The growth and success of ARW in providing RWE has resulted in over 1000 publications over the years. The need to formalise the publication process, and to achieve a consistency and quality across all of our outputs, resulted in establishing the internal Publications Team – to organise, co-ordinate and provide overall management of publications. Historically, publications have been handled individually by the therapy area teams and written predominantly by our externally resourced freelance medical writers. However, due to increased demands a centralised team to achieve higher standards and consistency across the business has been established, now ready to bring a publications and editorial co-ordinator on board.
The role will provide the opportunity to engage in all publication-related processes and support of the Publications Team.
Initial responsibilities will include:
· High quality support to ARW Franchise teams and the Publications Team
· Submission of abstracts, posters and presentations to international conferences and congresses
· Submission of manuscripts to scientific journals for peer review ensuring journal guidelines are met
· Co-ordinating response to reviewers’ comments and resubmission of manuscripts in a standard format
· Gathering any author information required for submissions such as approvals, disclosure forms, e-mail addresses, etc. in a well- organised and timely manner
· Liaising with Franchise teams to follow and incorporate authors’ feedback (ARW and external authors)
· Organising, storing and (re-)referencing publications using Reference management software (i.e. EndNote)
· Liaising with Franchise teams to see what publication support is needed
· Co-ordinating communications between Franchise teams and clients
· Supporting Franchise teams and clients by creating, managing and co-ordinating the quality of data record keeping
· Following publications from their start to successful publication
· Co-ordinating the internal and external review process
· Monitoring due dates to identify approaching deadlines and liaise with Franchise teams to follow-up appropriately
· Proactive work with Franchise and Publications teams to ensure databases are up to date and reviews completed on schedule
· Liaising with Business Development Team to advertise ARW publications on LinkedIn and keep ARW website updated
· Ensuring the publication process and all materials produced comply with current relevant guidelines
· Other Publications Team support including Publication Database updates, etc.
The person we are looking for – is it YOU?
We believe the right candidate will be someone with around 2 years of editorial experience within medical communications/ education, ideally working as a member of an established team who understands all the processes involved in scientific publications. This could be the next career step, especially if interested in RWE.
· Experience in publication administration and editorial processes (Essential)
· Educated to a BSc level or higher (Essential)
· MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint proficiency (Essential)
· Strong interpersonal skills and team spirit to allow effective collaboration as a member of a wider team (Essential)
· Excellent organisational and (time, project) management skills (Essential)
· Highly motivated with a proactive approach to work (Essential)
· Excellent written, verbal and numerical skills (Essential)
· Knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry
· Attention to detail
· Reference management software knowledge (i.e. EndNote)
At ARW we believe in rewarding high performance and so our benefits include a competitive salary, pension, performance- related rewards, a generous holiday allowance, private health insurance and on-site gym membership together with support for further qualifications, in a friendly and informal office environment.
The position is office-based at our head office in Bollington, a stunning location just outside Manchester and on the edge of the Peak District.
For more information on Adelphi Real World then take a look at our brochure by selecting the link below:
To apply for this job email your details to Rose.Jones@adelphigroup.com