Adelphi Real World
Randomized control trials (RCTs) are the established way for evaluation of the safety and efficacy of pharmaceuticals. Such studies are highly controlled and are typically conducted with a small and very specific population. There is growing recognition of the need to supplement RCT data with observational/ non-interventional studies, exploring the management of specific diseases in the “real world”. I.e. the treatment of various conditions under routine clinical practice rather than the controlled clinical trial environment, and the associated outcomes for patients and their caregivers.
Adelphi Real World is a global consultancy in healthcare and have conducted real world studies for over 20 years. The real world evidence generated from our research is used to inform clinical development decisions, strategic marketing and assist in demonstrating product value for clients from the pharmaceutical industry.
To assist with the Bespoke project team in conducting global non-interventional studies across a range of therapy areas to meet clients’ needs. You will work collaboratively with an enthusiastic and cohesive team, supporting various research projects from study design through to reporting and publication.
This is a junior level role and would suit someone looking to develop existing research skills in a commercial environment.
Your initial responsibilities will include:
Participate actively in study design, this includes:
- Working with clients to understand their evidence needs and assist with identifying appropriate research solutions.
- Developing an understanding of different therapy areas through background research and literature searches
- Identifying existing validated questionnaires and drafting new measures for data collection purposes.
- Drafting study protocols.
Implementation of the research process
- Document and study file management
- Commissioning, briefing and management of external agencies/ partners
- Recruiting, briefing and management of physicians and hospitals for participation in research projects.
- Supporting applications for ethical approval of studies
- Regular reporting of study updates and meeting minutes both internally and to the client
- Quality checking of completed research
- Liaison with internal teams such as programming, operations the statistical team and the health economics team.
Analysis and reporting of results
- Conducting analysis in conjunction with other team members (project manager, statistical and health economic teams)
- Supporting completion of the final research report and the presentation of the study data.
- Supporting publication activities including abstracts, posters and manuscripts.
- Involvement in generating ideas in proposal meetings
- Assisting in writing sections of the proposal
- A strong interest in research and willingness to develop skills required for the conduct of non-interventional/ observational studies. (Essential)
- Educated to at least degree level in a relevant discipline. This may include science subjects, epidemiology, public health, medicine or health economics. (Essential)
- Basic PowerPoint, Excel, and Word skills. (Essential)
- A high level of interpersonal skills and a willingness to work collaboratively on projects as part of a wider team.
- Highly motivated with a proactive approach to work.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry would be an advantage.
- A high level of numeracy, analytical, and interpretive skills. Knowledge of statistical approaches would be a distinct advantage.
- Attention to detail
There is a clear career path within ARW which provides on the job training. Assessment systems are in place to provide monitoring and a platform for the candidate to develop.
ARW believe in rewarding high performance – so our benefits include competitive salary, pension, performance related rewards, a generous holiday allowance, private health insurance and on-site gym membership, together with support for further qualifications, in a friendly and informal office environment.
For more information on Adelphi Real World then take a look at our brochure by selecting the link below:
To apply for this job email your details to James.Howson@adelphigroup.com